Saturday, March 25, 2006

Been Awhile!

Hey All,
Sorry it's been a while since my last post. Loads of stuff has happened.
Flu, new soaps, new car, biodiesel.

The Flu swept through our house. Was NOT very pretty. Hope to avoid that next season.

Some of you know that my husband and I own a small neighborhood bar outside Boulder Colorado. We have a full kitchen which means we have a fryer full of waste veggie oil twice a week. With the drive we have each day, 45 minutes and 35 miles ONE WAY, we are spending $400+ per month is gas bills. We decided to purchase a new car (an old Mercedes Benz diesel) and make our own biodiesel from the waste veggie oil. So far, so good! So, we're environmentally conscience, the oil gets a second life and we save money on the fuel. Win, win!
There's a lot of info on biodiesel on the net, the best place to learn and discuss is the infopop group on biofuels. www.biodiesel.infopop.cc If you're interested in learning more, this is the place.

As for new soaps, I've been busy!!!
New scents include Cherry Blossom, Peach Melon Gardenia (my own blend), Gardenia (a clear soap with pink and purple chunks in it), a Gardeners Soap for getting the smells of dirt and fertilizer off your hands, and last but not least the ever popular Green Tea and Tea Tree Oil Soap, good for all kinds of skin ailments.

The Cherry Blossom is the copy of the BBW scent, but without the fillers that BBW uses in their glycerin soap. The soap is a swirl of pink and white and smells like Sprintime.

Peach Melon Gardenia is now my new favorite. I blended this scent myself and have put a small bar in my undies drawer to make them smell nice. Okay and I made a whole batch of it to bathe with. It's so nice I just love it.

Gardenia is also a really nice scented soap. I used clear glycerin soap for this as sometimes the clear is just cool looking. I used some chunks of pink and purple soap inside it to make it even cool looking. The scent is heavier than I usually do, but Gardenia is a perfumey scent so you smell good after.

The Gardener's Soap is a nicely lightly scented blend of Lavender, Lime and Peppermint. Strange sounding I know, but it's really a nice blend. It's also got whole Oatmeal and ground Rosemary inside it. These help get rid of dirt and oil and smells that you get while diggin' in the dirt. I originally made this soap for my son and I. We're making a veggie garden this year as a mom and son project. My neighbor smelled the soap and decided that she needed a few so another big batch was born. This glycerin soap is clear but colored a medium orange so you can see the oatmeal and rosemary inside. A great looking as well as functional soap.

Green Tea and Tea Tree Oil soap is my most popular. It's great for excema and psoriasis and really dry skin. It's got ground green tea leaves in the clear soap, colored green, as well as Tea Tree Essentail Oil. My husbands side of the family suffers from Psoriasis and my 6 year old daughter also has it on her legs. We use this on her legs to help combat it. I did not overdue the tea tree. I've smelled some soap that is so overpwering that it's hard to use. This soap is scented enough to smell it and to be beneficial but not so eye watering that you don't want to use it.

I've also got a nice liquid soap, 100% Castille (olive oil) soap that comes in a foam pump. Unscented but I can add scent to it if you like. It's 8 ounces that can be used for both body and hair. Wonderful soap.

So, that's what I've been doing for the past month.

If you see anything you want/need feel free to email me!
Thanks so much,
Ginny
imagesinthewind@interfold.com
imagesinthewind on eBay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home